You’ve heard it. Heck, you may have said it: “Someday I’ll…
be better organized
become wildly successful
stop wasting time
increase my savings
finish my business plan
buy a home
make more money
go to the gym
be more productive
finish my studio
take that v/o class
etc. (You fill in the blank)
I remember reading some time ago, when a motivational speaker I was listening to discussed how to avoid “going to someday isle”. Because in so doing, you’ll go nowhere.
So how do we avoid “Someday Isle”?
– Enjoy the here and now.
– Treat yourself as well as you treat others.
– Maintain a sense of humor and a “big picture” perspective.
– Have specific goals and formulate a plan. Then take action.
– Learn to say “No” to things, habits, or others that slow or stop your progress.
– Have the confidence to stand up for your goals, and not worry about it. When you reach your goals, others around you will benefit, because you’ll be happier.
– Recall large and small past successes to motivate you.
– Remember obstacles are part of the journey.
– Create a positive vision and attitude, and believe in yourself.
– Set aside time and refocus.
– Know your resources and use them to aid your success.