The End Of Summer “To-Do” List
(I’ve recorded and produced the text of this in the form of a “blog cast”- just click the friendly little button at the bottom of this post)
As the sun sets on another summer, now may be a good time to review your strategic planning for the remainder of 2008, like:
• What changes would you like to make on your demos?
• Do you need to create a new demo for a genre or niche you haven’t pursued before but have already done work in?
• Do you need to rework your marketing program?
• What can be adjusted in the operation of your voice-over business to better meet the needs of your customer’s expectations that may also be changing in a more challenging business climate?
• Do you need to freshen up your web site?
• Do you need to cut costs? Look over expenses and see where you can save. Perhaps you will find a goldmine in savings if you can take time to find other vendors, or faster, more efficient and effective ways to conduct business.
In addition to the above mentioned, I am sharing my own “To Do List”
-Update my master task list (I must admit I need to consolidate the mounting paper notes on my desk), transcribe phone numbers, and work through the new list as quickly as possible.
-Cull existing customer lists, and update my database. It’ll keep record-keeping easier, and I suspect it may uncover some other marketing opportunities. But it is a LOT easier and less costly to market to someone with whom you’ve already done business!
-Give my office and studio a thorough cleaning, painting, dusting and do a few simple repairs.
-My youngest is leaving for college at the end of this week. So I’ll maximize that necessary trip to the office supply store and get supplies for my office and my co-ed.
– Get rid of excess paper in my bulging file cabinet that I can’t fit any more into and make the shredder my best friend for an afternoon.
Don’t wait until the autumnal equinox to assess where you’re at, in preparation for the fall and busy holiday season…because before you know it, 2009 will be here!