Wow. It’s really coming up soon, now. The big voice-over party in LA begins in just 28 days. I’ll be arriving Thursday morning. Just in case anybody is on the fence, and if you are thinking about attending this special event just for voice over actors, the hotel’s VOICE group discount rate goes away after July 10th. Yikes…That’s tomorrow. Need a roomie? Go to Voice-overs.com discussion board.
1) The special (single occupancy) room rate of $169 (plus tax) at the Century Plaza ends on July 10th.
2) Having a roommate will save you $$. Double occupancy rate is $199 (plus tax). You can connect with others looking to share a room on Julie William’s voice-overs forum .
3) July 31st Deadlines: All breakout session selections must be made and tickets for the Celebrity Banquet must be purchased on or before July 31st.
4) Registration after July 31st is $697
Walk-in registration is $797
Day passes now available for $225.
Here’s the complete line up of presenters and the schedule of VOICE 2008 events
Other fun facts:
5. Tech Talk Terrace – Is a place for people to go and get help from other attendees. It will be in the Exhibit Hall and will be open whenever the Exhibit Hall is open. Anyone can stop by to either get help or give it – or just talk “tech”
6. Recording Booth – provided by Vocalbooth.com and operated by Dave & Dave. This is a fully functional booth with ISDN lines or phone patch. The recording booth will be located in the Westwood Room. Participants just need to book the time with Dave & Dave. No need to miss any gigs just because they aren’t in their home studio!
7. Promo Panel Addition – Melissa Disney has been added to the Promo Panel on Sunday afternoon.
8. Private Lessons – We now have a list of all the coaches who will be offering private coaching at VOICE 2008. It’s recommended that people book their time with these coaches prior to the event (by email or phone), but they can book onsite as well by visiting the presenter’s booth. There are 13 coaches making private coaching lessons available!
For those of you who want to optimize your trip to VOICE 2008, several presenters are offering private VO (and business) coaching for you during our event.
Chris M. Allport Susan Berkley Bev Bremers
Marc Cashman Steve Hudson Stefan Chinell
Joe Klein MJ Lallo Deb Munro Gabrille Nistico Raleigh Pinskey Larry Maizlish
9. FREE PARTY!!!!! The Red Carpet Celebrity Reception-Thursday, August 7th
The Plaza Pavilion
The Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel
You won’t want to miss this!
If you live in the L.A. area and know of someone who would like to attend this once-in-a-lifetime event, please tell them about it! The reception is BY INVITATION ONLY. VOICE 2008 attendees already have an invitation to the reception, but if you can’t attend the conference you can request your free invitation by emailing:
QUESTIONS? contact email@example.com
See you at VOICE!