Audio Books Panel
Hillary Huber, Scott Brick, & Pat Fraley
This genre is an easily-accessible area of voiceover.
- Make sure you use stellar excerpts
- Refrain from using best-sellers
- Average of 3- 1 minute excerpts that present you the best, slated correctly.
- Pristine sound. No sound effects, no music. Think your listeners/users will be using earbuds
- Get every lip smack, pop out!
- Use a director
- “Cold calls are for losers” How you go about getting contacts must be done correctly.
- Be responsive to publishers’ inquiries.
Where do you find publishers?
Get Audiofile magazine
Or pick January ’09 from blog archive.
Check out the APA- Audio Publishers Association
Books On Tape is a “clearing house”. There are a number of smaller publishers looking to produce audiobooks, and for new voice talent .
There are voices that sell, and voices that tell! Before you read a book, you need to read a book by yourself.
Reading audiobooks are like running a marathon. Not everyone can do it.