Susan McCollom on Retail Copy
Retail Copy is its own niche… with its own style of delivery. Casting director Susan delivered a number of tools:
- Handling awkward overwritten copy
- Keep smiling & be a “motor mouth”
- Faking a pause (use a catch breath)
- Problem words
- Throw a ways
- Your inner clock
- Use of your hands (body movement)
- Throw away the “announcer” just be excited to share the amazing information.
Watch the words. Retail copywriters love alliteration. Get used to it, learn to work with it, and remember how much this type of work pays!