I just read an excellent article on actress Jane Lynch of television’s Glee recently in Success Magazine that blew me away!
Here are some Jane-Nuggets:
- There are no small roles
- Don’t look for encouragement, because it’s not forthcoming
- You must be motivated
- Focus on the work. Do it do it do it!
- Do it for free, do it for money, do it when no one shows up-when everyone shows up…Just keep doing it.
- The more work you do, the better you get if you’re more focused on nailing it!
“It’s amazing what rewards that attitude can bring. You can feel successful all the time, even though nobody knows who you are-yet.”
- Don’t allow others agendas, plans or latest trends distract you from your purpose. Decide what you want, and focus on achieving it.
- Stick to doing what you do best, or hire others to help you. so you can maximize your time. By maximizing all your efforts, you’ll find greater returns.
- Keep on playing-even if frustration sets in after a loss. Review what was wrong, learn from it, and use that knowledge & wisdom next time.
- Even small things can pave the way to greatness
WHATEVER YOUR ROLE- OWN IT!